Contact

1749 W. Golf Rd. Box 319
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Phone: 312 857 8461
Email: tim@timmurphylaw.com





Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome to Murphy's Law Guide!

I love the law, and I love being a lawyer.  While I hear stories every day about lawyers leaving the practice, law school graduates who choose not to practice, and the horrors of big-firm life, I've never quite been able to understand them.  Maybe its because I'm a solo practitioner and therefore get to choose my cases and determine my own hours.  Maybe its because I just love the stress.  I don't know.  What I do know is that I'm happy and proud to be part of a profession that not only allows me to help people and make a positive difference in their lives on a daily basis, but also allows me to play a role in the process that helps our society to be fair, active and vital.

The purpose of this blog is to discuss various legal topics that come across my mind or my desk, and by doing so, to provide support for the reader's attempt to help themselves with legal matters.  The right to go pro se (be your own lawyer) isn't very meaningful if the process isn't fairly transparent and fairly easily understandable.

And for the legal-ese:  Nothing on this blog is intended to constitute legal advice to any particular reader, nor does reading this blog create an attorney-client relationship between you and me.  Reading a blog is not a substitute for legal advice.  I am an experienced attorney, and it is my hope that by discussing legal issues here on a regular basis, that the reader who wants to help himself, or just better understand what his own attorney is doing, will gain a bit more insight into his case, and the law in general.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment